keskiviikko 18. tammikuuta 2012

Why I'm a pirate: Thoughts on piracy & the music industry

So I read today a great post on ploum.net, titled "Why I'm a pirate!". In the blog post, the author is explaining why he pirates CD's and other media. I found the opinions good and concise.

I feel that the music industry as we now know it is slowly dying. The practices that the big music corporations use are ancient and they don't work anymore. The future is in digital media. I can't even remember anymore when I bought my last CD! As a younger music listener I used to buy the CD's of the bands that I liked and wanted to support them. I do not want to support the corporations behind the music, only the bands that actually come up with the music. That's why nowadays I try to use digital services to support my favorite bands, like Flattr and PayPal donation.

Currently, I am using Spotify as my daily source of music. And you know, I happily pay the 10€ monthly price for the convenience! This is absolutely fantastic service and I wish other medias would turn to this system too, like movies and e-books. Come up with such services and you have a customer right here.

Got any opinion on this subject? Share it in the comments!

9 kommenttia:

  1. Spotify is a great way of listening to music, the only problem comes when you want to listen to something that's not available.

    VastaaPoista
  2. i ahdn't heard of spotify before this, i think i may have to try it!

    VastaaPoista
  3. I use spotify, don't mind paying for it as long as the service stays up to scratch. luckily their good with my type of music as armada sign all their music there. following!

    VastaaPoista
  4. spotify is the best way to listen to music! now folowing!

    VastaaPoista
  5. As long as monthly fee services have fast updates and offer a good quality, more important for movies, it's probably the best solution to piracy.

    VastaaPoista
  6. Currently I use Grooveshark to listen to music online and it's pretty nice. You can find just about any artist and listen to all their music without paying anything.

    I haven't Tried spotify yet

    VastaaPoista
  7. I concur that the music industry is dying and needs a serious restructure to be viable. I myself was a pirate once... Until charter emailed me and bitched me out for it. lol xD Following for interest

    VastaaPoista
  8. I am extremely greatfull to you as you shared this.I am recently developing associate app spotify premium apk real that is you would possibly have an interest to appear thereon :

    VastaaPoista