maanantai 30. tammikuuta 2012

First Impression: Tribes Ascend

So, about a month ago I got a beta key for Tribes Ascend. I played the game for like and 30 minutes and decided it was too hard for me. Hah. How wrong I was. I tried it again last weekend and played it constantly!


What Is Tribes Ascend I hear you ask? It's an upcoming FPS game in Tribes franchise. The franchise is known for high speed and several not-so-ordinary game mechanics, such as "skiing" (where you slide across the battlefield. The game is currently in closed beta, but I heard it's quite easy to get access to it nowadays, you just have to go like their Facebook page.

My first impression of the game is: it is a fun game, with excellent mechanics. But it can be REALLY hard sometimes and might be bit hard to get into. But once you get a kill with Spinfusor, that feeling is pure awesomeness! I highly suggest all FPS fans to try it out. I have to admit that I have not played Tribes games earlier, even though they are classics. But I managed to enjoy this game even ignoring that fact!

5 kommenttia:

  1. Definitely got my eyes on this, gonna check it out when it's released.

    VastaaPoista
  2. Still cant get over how much it reminds me of Halo lol

    VastaaPoista
  3. I miss the Unreal Tournament days :D

    VastaaPoista
  4. I miss unreal tournament days too, and I loved the first tribes. I can't believe how clear that screen cap is. amazing!

    VastaaPoista
  5. I can't get into it! WHYYYY??? I played the original until the community started dying - played this at a friends house. This. Game. Blows. Any. Modern. FPS. Release. Today. Seriously, the only one I can think of equal or, arguably, better than tribes is Battlefield 2. Honest opinion.

    VastaaPoista