torstai 16. helmikuuta 2012

Dota 2 will have LAN mode

Some exciting news for change in the PC gaming field! In an interview with joinDOTA.com, Valve's Erik Johnson confirmed that Dota 2 will indeed have a LAN mode.

This comes to me as a kind of surprise, really. I was fully waiting Dota 2 to be a freemium game with matchmaking and such, ala League of Legends and Heroes of Newerth. Instead, Valve has showed that they really listen to their fans and implement changes that get requested. This is big news in some cases, like Offline Tournaments and net cafes. I can only applaud to Valve on this issue, excellent work on their part.

There's also other interesting tidbits in the interview, like that the next international they will be helding, will have bigger than last time's $1.6 Million USD prize pool. Alas, but still no answer about the pricing model and in-game store.



Are you guys excited of this game? Got the beta key already?

4 kommenttia:

  1. >they really listen to their fans

    This is awesome news!

    VastaaPoista
  2. That's great, sucks when games don't have that.

    VastaaPoista
  3. Yes yesy es yes yesyesyesyseyesy! I was so bummed when SC2 didn't have it, I guess it was ICCUP's fault, but now, I am CERTAIN I will be hosting a few meet-ups. YES.

    VastaaPoista
  4. This is really interesting news.

    www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

    VastaaPoista